Etisk och inkluderande digitalisering står högt i Spaniens EU-ordförandeskapsprogrammet

Det blir femte gången som Spanien tar över ordförandeskapet i EU:s ministerråd. Etisk och inkluderande digitalisering står högt på agendan. Spanien siktar på att nå en överenskommelse kring AI-förordningen, samt landet ska jobba vidare med den europeiska förordningen om digital identitet (eIDAS 2), rättsakten om cyberresiliens, Interoperable Europe Act, samt förstärka digitala färdigheter och skapa förutsättningar för digitala utbildningar och omställning. Vikten av dessa digitala färdigheter, omställning, kontinuerlig utbildning och livslångt lärande understryks under Europaåret för kompetens 2023. Jobtech Development har tittat närmare på på de nya programmen och summerat viktiga arbetsområden utifrån digitalisering, arbetsmarknad och omställning.

I år är det 30-årsjubileumfrån när Maastrichtfördraget trädde i kraft, samt skapandet av EU-medborgarskapet. I samband med det kommer det spanska ordförandeskapet att förstärka kanalerna för medborgardeltagande med särskilt fokus på att skapa mekanismer för att utvärdera hur EU:s politik påverkar medborgarna. Spanien planerar att föreslå ett nytt initiativ om internationellt distansarbete som ska främja arbetsmobilitet och integration på den europeiska arbetsmarknaden.

Innovation, digital delaktighet, rättvis arbetsrörlighet i fokus för nästa EU:s ordförandeskapstrio

Den nya EU:s Ordförandeskapstrion - Spanien, Belgien och Ungern- fortsätter jobba för att främja den gröna och digitala omställningen med fokus på forskning och innovation, digital delaktighet, rättvis rörlighet och inkludering för arbetskraften i EU. Arbetet med den strategiska agendan av ordförandeskapstrion – Spanien, Belgien och Ungern –har för avsikt att följa upp arbetet som har gjorts hittills. Detta innebär att Sveriges framsteg på digitaliseringsområdet ska tas i beaktande vidare.

Trion kommer att fortsätta arbeta med förordningen om digitala tjänster, främja forskning, innovation och digital delaktighet, samt lägga ett stort fokus på livslångt lärande och kompetenshöjning för att rusta EU-medborgare inför framtida omvandlingar av samhället, ekonomin och arbetsmarknaden. Rättvis rörlighet för arbetskraften i EU, inkludering och psykisk hälsa i arbete står också högt på agendan.

Här kan du läsa mer om Spaniens och Trions prioriteringar på det digitala området.

:fast_forward:In :uk:

Ethical and Inclusive Digitalisation Ranked High on Spain’s EU Presidency Agenda

Since July 1st, 2023, Spain has taken on the rotating presidency of the EU Council of Ministers for the fifth time. During its mandate, the Spanish agenda places a strong emphasis on ethical principles and an inclusive approach to digitalisation. Spain aims at reaching an agreement on the AI Act, while also advancing further with the European Digital Identity Regulation (eIDAS 2), the Cyber Resilience Act (CRA), and the Interoperable Europe Act, among others. Furthermore, Spain is committed to encouraging digital skills, enhancing digital training initiatives while facilitating career transitions. These efforts are particularly highlighted during the European Year of Skills 2023, underscoring the importance of digital skills and lifelong learning across Europe. Jobtech Development has taken a glance at the new programs and outlined the areas that require future attention and work in the field of digitalisation, labour market and career transition.

This year, it is marked 30 years of the entry into force of the Maastricht Treaty and the creation of the EU citizenship. Coinciding with this anniversary, the Spanish Presidency will strengthen channels for citizen participation, paying particular attention to creating mechanisms to evaluate the impact of EU policies on citizens. Additionally, Spain is planning to continue negotiations regarding legislative dossiers and will propose an initiative on international remote work to favour labour mobility and foster the European job market integration.

EU Trio’s Focus: Innovation, Digital Inclusion, Fair Labour Mobility and Inclusion
The new EU Presidency Trio - Spain, Belgium, and Hungary – remains dedicated to driving the green and digital transition forward. A primary focus lies in promoting research and innovation, ensuring digital inclusion, fostering fair labour mobility and inclusion across the The Trio’s strategic agenda aims to build upon the achievements made thus far, with a focus on the priorities set by the current trio Spain, Belgium, and Hungary. Consequently, Sweden’s advancements in the area of digitalisation will be considered during this ongoing work.

The Trio will continue working on the framework on the Digital Services Act, fostering research, innovation, and digital inclusion. Additionally, the Presidencies will place a significant emphasis on re-skilling and up-skilling opportunities for European citizens to prepare them to tackle and cope with future transformation in society, the economy, and the labour market. Ensuring fair labour mobility within the EU, promoting inclusion, and addressing mental health in the workplace are among other priorities.

Enclosed you may read more about Spain EU Presidency’s priorities and the the ones of the EU Trio.

Källa: EU